Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A MAN HAS MANY WAYS TO REWARD HIS FATIGUE


“I’m faced with a hard task – Betrayal.” Winfred thought. “Marriage isn’t a bed of roses.” Her husband, John, had no time to discuss anything with her. He bought her everything from perfumes, cloths to shoes. “Is my husband a dictator? We make sex only when he decides to.” She lamented. “Might he have a secret lover who satisfies his emotional needs?” she went on. “My companion at home is television, video player and the radio! What a boring life! And other women still pay respect to my name!" She had grown thinner. John was always happy, talking about success of his Business Empire and progress that his children were making at school.
She picked up the phone and called a private investigator.
“Hi. I am Winfred John. I’ve got a problem that I want my doubts cleared. I prefer to come we discuss the strategy.” She said.
After being directed to their office she got into her limousine and drove.
Ten minutes later, she walked into their offices.
“This might be a new beginning if all goes well otherwise I’ll be tormented forever by public, friends and media houses for trying to distort the perfect corporate image of my husband! Defamation and character assassination is a crime but i will commit it.” She thought.
“Hallo? Am Winfred. I called minutes ago too book an appointment.” She said.
“Welcome Madam Winfred. We’ve a reputation of tackling all marital problems with dignity. I hope you’ll enjoy our services” The receptionist replied.
“Surely I hope my burdens shall have a happy ending.” She replied.
“The relationship manager is eagerly waiting to serve you.” The receptionist replied.
She knocked at his door.
“Please come in.” He said.
After she had sat down he said, “You must be Winfred. Its pleasure to meet you.” Mr. Wright said.
“Sure. My pleasure.” She replied.
“What’s the problem Ms Winfred? It takes courage to make such a decision.” Benjamin began.
“ My husband is a busy personnel. He works till late as a director of our family business. He provides for everything but for my love, I feel like I’m neglected along the line.” She said.
“Do you propose he has a mistress somewhere?” he asked.
“I don’t certainly imply, but there could be a possibility. This is the reason behind my seeking your services. We could spend four months before we could sleep together. I’ve tried to wear all sexy clothing but nothing has changed to award my efforts. I prepare tempting meals with love in mind in vain. I’ve been a loser in all my efforts. He only thanks me for my concern.” She replied.
“Does he come home late? Does he drink beer? Does he have a driver?” he asked continuously.
“No. He has a behaviour that I look upon to yield to this suspicion. He has different perfumes in the office and in the car. He had this tendency before we married. I never interfered fearing I might hurt his feelings.” She explained.
“Why do you think he carries them in the car? You know a man takes the odour of the lady he recently cuddled. He might offset this by his own strong perfumes. Do you have a shower in the company premises?” he asked.
“Yes. He likes taking bath often. In a day, even at home, he could do it thrice. He complains he sweats a lot.” she replied.
“What usually follows his need to take bath?” he asked.
“Usually after he leaves the bed or when he watches an emotion provoking movie.” she replied.
“What else draws your suspicions to conclude he might be having an affair?” he asked.
“Sometimes, his suit has strands of hair. Sometimes I hug him in the office. My hair has no history of breaking. Earlier, we used to take our cloths to the dry cleaner. I suspected the cleaners might have been mixing the cloths with women’s. Currently I wash his cloths but this evidence still recurs.” She replied.
“Okay, which restaurant does he frequent most?” he asked.
“He has no restaurant that he prefers. He goes into whichever is near.” She replied.
“This is tricky. It might be very expensive.” He sadly said.
“I’ll foot all expenses.” She volunteered.
“The only possible way is to install CCTV cameras in all major restaurants, get our investigators in food industry whom we’ll pretend they are college graduates seeking internship. After that we need sound recording devices that double as ashtrays, electronic books for menu board…” he said.
The deal was closed.
After a month, nothing yielded. In their report, they wrote,
“…Your husband is faithful, trustworthy and a man who has his business interests in mind. Otherwise, an extra lover is an added expense. You could have observed this if your budget was interfered with. We advise you relax knowing he is one in a million to meet so many beautiful single business executives and fail to seek love. Doing business with single women is a challenge. A man could be tempted to go a step to request for unconditional love. He has maintained his dignity, personality and discipline…”
Winfred looked at the letter and wasn’t satisfied. An after thought came falling. He is a consultant, he knows where problems might begin, advises on how they could be diverted, and how to be on top of your game. She wrote a letter back to the team.
“…I’m not satisfied with your work. Please could you base your investigation on which woman he speaks to before his meetings begin or end…”
The month was beehive of activities. Their baits were laid well. In all occasions, he could speak to a different woman and at the end of the session, conclude with another. After a follow up, they established all were business-related relationships.
When everything seemed in vain, the director took the task to write her a letter.
“…We are sorry once again. Our investigations into your husband found he is innocent. In building a name, it takes all genders. People don’t meet to fall in love or for being lonely. Meetings are meant to discuss ideas that build, arrive at a conclusion and make a profit. If functions were laden with ideas of seeking lovers, many businesses would suffer heavy loses. Attending a business function comes at a cost…”
Winfred felt beaten. “What would my husband say if he came across all the CCTV footage? What would my marriage become if these men went behind their professional code of ethics and released the info to the media houses? Our business would suffer a big blow.”
She called again and was connected to the director. He said. “My business could earn a bad reputation if we’ve tried two times and have failed to have any evidence against your husband’s possible cheating. I don’t want to be out of business please.” She replied, “Your main aim is to be in business. There is nobody who, in his right senses, would refuse to be investigated. I’m going to pay for the services. It’s not for credit!” He accepted to do it for the last time.
Madam Grace was recruited to look into her case. She had divorced her husband on his lust for women. Her husband, through his intervention, made her sacked after serving fidelity limited for fifteen years. She took the job, not because she was an investigator of high reputation but because she had to put food on her table.
She recorded John tell a woman, “We could meet here at 11:30 A.M. to polish finer details.” She nodded. Grace made a striking observation on John. He made his requests on a piece of paper that he chewed a moment later.
She made similar observations among high profile secretaries. Single business executives were in his shoes of love. Of all investigators, none managed to get his CCTV footage with his lovers. After four months down the lane, Grace got his CCTV footage. From the video clips, none could believe John met his lovers in different hotels.
Winfred watched in disbelief as John told one girl, “My leisure has a time limit. From 11:30 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. on Saturday. You can find me at Champions Guld Club.” The only day he left his car at home and opted Winfred to chauffeur him to work and club and back home! She picked him from the office at exactly 4:30 P.M.
The following Saturday she drove him to the club and bade him bye at 11:00 A.M. and promised to pick him up at the usual time. She drove a few apartments away and found Grace waiting in a taxi. They went and parked the family car outside their company premises. John They followed the car all the way to Choices Country Club! Forty-five miles outside the city! John got out of the car, passionately kissed his Saturday bride and headed towards the reception.
Four minutes later, Grace and Winfred followed them. They tried to search where they could have sat down but failed to see them.
“Was I seeing a ghost? It’s hard to believe!” Winfred thought.
Grace inquired from the receptionist. “We had sent a woman in a pink suit to make our reservation. We’ve just popped in and saw her but can’t see where she might have gone.”
“All rooms were booked last month. Today is a special day in our business. Many ladies are in pink. Others are dressed in red. We are conscious about what our special clients wear. We reserve right not to accept a client without giving any reasons. In future, you could have this catalogue on our daily dressing for all regular females and males if you might come accompanied by a spouse.” Belle replied.
A worker, who was dressed in yellow, came hurriedly to the receptionist.
“Belle! We’ve just been informed that our taps are dry. Could you make arrangements for the city council to deliver water.”
“That’s tragic. Water is a major ingredient in our business. Let me call them please. You could make arrangements to have a drum of water in every self-contained room. Wait for these letter to deliver to our clients. We need to apologize for the inconveniences caused.” Belle replied
“It’s so unfortunate! The staff in the water department is off duty! Why this?” Belle stammered.
“Please instruct the supplies drivers to go and get water as fast as possible and remember to pass by to collect the letters.” Belle ordered.
Grace tapped Winfred on her shoulders.
“Let’s get back to the car.” She said.
“I smell something fishy goes on here! It could sound ridiculous. People could pretend to come for important functions only to just make love?” she asked.
“I tend to believe. Let’s sit in the car and wait until all clients come out. Their car is parked right opposite. He can’t be an angel to fly back to the office.” Winfred replied.
At exactly two o’clock, John appeared with his lover, holding hands in the passionate way they had entered. Behind them, she followed to the car and before he could open the door she stood between them and stared hard at him.
Winfred removed a photograph that she was taken upon graduating in martial arts. “I can fight. Don’t play hide and seek games.” She warned.
She turned to his lover. She couldn’t believe her eyes.
‘My sister Caroline! When did you begin all this?” she asked.
“Before you wed John.” She replied confidently.
“Have men become scarce?” she asked.
“ I could have married him if not for your pregnancy. I loved him so much and we’ve never stopped to. Please, its too late Winfred, I’ve three kids with him. You’ve got only two.’ She replied.
“Why couldn’t you have told me? No wonder you always told me that you never valued marriage. Why tell me you never wanted to be answerable to any man? Why did you always tell me you never valued men’s support…” Winfred began to sob.
John held her collar.
“Winfred, these aren’t standards for my family. You’re overstepping your roles and responsibilities. What’re you doing here? Are you a spy of your own husband? Who is taking care of the kids? Who has taken kids for the outing?” he spoke softly.
Winfred walked away. “I am overstepping…” she thought

No comments:

Post a Comment